Day 76, Shaza is going on a Fahrradtour entlang die Main von Frankfurt nach Aschaffenburg am 9. Mai/ Bicycle tour along the Main River from Frankfurt to Aschaffenburg on 9th May.. Wooo~!! Yesh, this was organised by IGM (International Generations Meeting)..
International Generations Meeting is a private initiative in cooperation with
the International Service Office at TU Darmstadt. We are a group of citizens in
and around Darmstadt and would like to- get in touch with international students of the TUD
- be friends and hosts
- help with everyday's affairs
- show what Germany looks like beyond the campus
- meet interesting people from other cultures
Anyway, they are made up of VERY nice and friendly folks! Seriously!! I love them! Some of them are old, BUT they are VERY fit!! Don't underestimate the Germans!! Even though they drink alot of beer, some are also very fit! Of course, when cycling and rollerblading are their hobbies!! Lol! Yesh!! You can find LOTS of bicycle tracks in German.. AND you can see SOOOOOOOOO many people cycling or blading in Dieburg!! It's leisure/ family time for these folks on weekends, so they are usually on their bikes or rollerblades.. Old, young, ALL!! hahahha!! I like it ALOT!! That's why I think Im gonna buy a bike when I return to Singapore.. So I can cycle to Eastpoint, or Simpang Bedok, or East Coast Park etc..
Anyway, we met at Darmstadt Hauptbahnhof.. I went with Thiago, and we were supposed to rent a bicycle there.. The bicycle rental place was open, BUT there was noone there.. I called, and the guy only comes at 10am, when I should reach Frankfurt to meet the rest at that time! Lol!!
So... We just went to Frankfurt and rented a citybike there.. Mr and Mrs Wien helped us with it.. OMG... They are SUPER nice!! Extremely sweet couple.. AND Mrs Wien is BEAUTIFUL, especially for her age.. [She's a retired teacher btw.. But now she's teaching about health and teaches yoga too..] Her beautiful personality was like shining through, and I have to admit, I was looking at her the whole time!! YESH!! I love to meet these kind of people.. I wish and hope I was like them.. Like their smile and their personality is soooo nice and comforting.. Amazing!! I can't believe Im saying this la..
It was a LOVELY day!! I totally enjoyed my day! Nice view, nice company... :) BUT..... My legs were aching when I was walking back to Dieburg!! I was whining like crazy!! YESH, I admit, I was whining.. Goodness! Probably because I didn't stretch enough and I wasn't used to it.. BTW we cycled for 50km.. No joke! So of course, aching legs were forgiveable, right? hehe!
AND back in Dieburg, I met some of the rest, and as usual they were teasing me like crazy, because of the way I walked!! Lol!! BUT I had a nice hot bath.. Soaked myself in hot water for an hour!! Lol!! It was much much much better!! Ahhhh...
No comments:
Post a Comment