Monday, February 9, 2009

Family Amazing Race

Finally, the day has come! An amazing race organised for my family!

The day started at 11am.. Participants reached early, Alhamdulillah! There were 9 participants, broken up into 3 dynamic teams.. All the participants came with lots of energy and drive to win this race..

Team A: Kak Shahidda, Abang Shaaril, Salihin
Team B: my mummy, Shamimi, Sofea
Team C: Shaira, Alia, Alysha

We started with a puzzle game! The teams had a hard time with the puzzles at the start.. There were 4 similar pictures.. They look almost the same! All the 4 sets of puzzles were jumbled up and they had to form a picture.. They must only have 15 pieces at any one point! It was fun! The participants were really competitive and it set the pace for the rest of the race..

There were a total of 8 stations.. I was really amazed by the competitive spirit.. They were really sporting and fun! I didnt expect them to run the whole way, and they really did.. Seriously! I thought they'll end by 2pm, but they reached the final station at 1.10pm!! All reached about the same time.. It was really a race! Walid wanted to leave after the puzzle game, but he ended up staying with the teams for the whole race! He felt like joining them.. Lol!


Alhamdulillah, it really exceed my expectations! All planned within the week.. Recce was done just 2 days before! Lol! That also was not a full recce, because it rained halfway..

After the race, we just sat at Palm Valley.. Ate, played a few games like murderer and polar bear etc.. It was fun! We had flower judging too.. During the race, one of the task was to make a flower.. They were soooo pretty and creative!

I felt that the turnout was good.. All thanks to my publicity person: Ms Aini Jaafar, my very own mummy! She said it was a farewell thing for me, to get them to come! Lol! Pandainye ibu saya! She was also my food logistics I/C.. Everyone was well-fed, all thanks to her again! :)

Programmes-wise, my dear APD, Mr Walid Jumblatt, helped me with the programmes.. Thank you Walid, you did a great job! Everyone enjoyed themselves (I hope!)..

Brought to you by Shaza Amalina.

2 comments:

Walid said...

Wah, nice blog! All the best for Germany! Cannot wait for your stories. Hehe.

And the Amazing Race was really fun. Haha.

shaza said...

The Amazing Race was fun, all thanks to you!! U were the programme IC.. Great job! I think M2M should recruit u for their programmes team.. ;);)