Yesterday, Day 3, I walked around.. Took more pics! There quite a number of interesting places, but I have yet to find out its significance etc.. I met Martina.. Btw, she's Bulgarian.. She's studying architecture and going to NUS next semester for an exchange programme.. Yeay! Same faculty as me, so means our friendship wont end here! hehe! She needed to go to see Frau Nothnagel.. So we waited and waited for the bus.. OMG!! I already bought my day ticket, which cost 3,60 euro!! And we found out that there was a strike!! No buses and trains for the whole day!! OMG!! This rarely happens in Darmstadt.. If there was also, it'll be for 2hours in the morning or during the peak period.. So this was a major one la.. Interesting!! So we had to walk to the international office.. I tell you, I've been walking sooooo much these past few days!! Soooo tiring!! I went to her house, which was near the office.. Its a one-room apartment.. Cool!
She had to leave me at the city centre after that because she had to go to school to do her project.. She cant bring me along because they might not be buses to go back later.. So I walked around and walked back to my youth hostel.. I bought strawberries and a 500ml soap for 1,64 euros!! Soooo cheap la!! Lol!! Dont know why the toiletries are sooo cheap! I sat by a small pond, which has a playground.. It was frozen in the morning, but during the late afternoon, you can see it already melting.. Then I moved to the lake nearby.. Interesting how they treat this lake as their swimming pool.. With the slide, and the swimming pool area and the diving area..
'The former "Latin school" was built by S. Müller in 1628. Here the young
generation of the Landgraviate was prepared for the State University in
Gießen.'
'This church, mentioned for the first time in 1369, was chosen by Landgrave
Georg I, as the burial place fore his lineage. Worth seeing is the 9m high
alabaster epitaph, a memorial of his first wife.
Just to show you how sad winter can be.. No leaves, flowers or fruits on trees, unlike Singapore..
That's all the pics for Day 3..
Then at 16:30, Karin, Thomas and Gerardo came.. And we went to Dieburg, the ulu town.. :p:p
Its Day 4! Im in Dieburg.. [pronounce di from 'di mana dia, anak kambing saya' and burg spelt the Malay bahasa baku way..] This student residence is sooooooooooooo far away from everything!! I dont like it! Dieburg is an ulu town near Darmstadt.. And Quartier 56 is at the ulu-est part of Dieburg!! I was walking from the supermarket back to my student reseidence just now, to buy food for breakfast, and I saw a signboard with 'Auf Wiedersehen!' [It means goodbye!!!] Soooo.... Can you imagine, Im actually living outside Dieburg!!! I had to walk 10min to the bustop.. Maybe 15min!! And another 10min to the supermarket!! And to make this worse.. The buses have schedules, and they come every half hour or one hour!! Sigh~... I miss Darmstadt already.. For the past 2 days, I took morning walks around the fairly busy and interesting city, with beautiful buildings and a lake.. Today I took a boring morning walk to the supermarket and back! Thats long enough..
Anyway, I have a mexican friend, Gerardo.. A nice guy.. I've been walking around with him in Dieburg.. Mainly to and fro the supermarket.. We walked to the supermarket last night, to find it closed at 6.30pm.. Dieburg is soooooo boring.. Just houses, which are far apart.. Nothing interesting!!
Oh and, last night was quiet, cold and dark.. I was the only one in my level.. It was soooo cold because I havent bought my pillow, blanket and bedsheets.. It was dark because the lights in the room is not working.. Kaputt!! [means spoilt!]
Anyway, I have a mexican friend, Gerardo.. A nice guy.. I've been walking around with him in Dieburg.. Mainly to and fro the supermarket.. We walked to the supermarket last night, to find it closed at 6.30pm.. Dieburg is soooooo boring.. Just houses, which are far apart.. Nothing interesting!!
Oh and, last night was quiet, cold and dark.. I was the only one in my level.. It was soooo cold because I havent bought my pillow, blanket and bedsheets.. It was dark because the lights in the room is not working.. Kaputt!! [means spoilt!]
2 comments:
Finally we can see you in the pictures! More of that please? Danke!
Hahahhaha!! I knew u'd ask for that!! Thats why I put in one.. :P:P
Ok ok.. More to come, since now Im not alone.. :)
Post a Comment