Yesh, Im blogging for the week.. It's a short week.. Nothing much..
Day 29, Monday, after class, a few of us went TK, our health insurance company.. Yesh, the one that like to take people’s money.. It was soooooooo far!! It is actually on the road beside Luisenplatz, so I happily thought that it would be near.. But I realized that it was a veeeeeeeeeerrrryy long road!! hahaha! Anyway, I found an international market!! Got a lot of stuff there, from Asia!! I bought beehoon, longan syrup [I was seriously craving for some Singapore drink! Bandung la, longan drink la, PROPER teh!! Sorry Walid Jumblatt, I kept teasing you last year about your teh.. Now I understand! :s] and some sauces for cooking.. Ohya, I saw DURIAN there!! Lol!! I saw prata.. I saw otak-otak.. Got a lot la..! So Im happy I can finally cook something.. :)
So when I got home, I decided to try my beehoon goreng! Mee birthday!! hahahah! And……… I found out that I bought the wrong one! It was soo-un.. The one you put in soup! Lol!! Sooooooo nonsense la! But it tasted good.. I let some of them tried, and they liked it! Weeee~!! So proud of myself! :)
Day 30, it felt like a normal day in the morning.. The bus came as usual.. I was one of the first to enter, so I went all the way to the back.. The second last row.. And just when I sat, the bus moved violently forward! OMG!! The bus behind hit my bus!! AND the window actually cracked!! The back window of our bus didn’t crack, but the front window of the other bus was BADLY damaged! SERIOUSLY!! We were all shocked!! Imagine… I was on the second last row, THE NEAREST!! I was sooooooooooooo shocked!! Thank goodness nothing happened to our bus, lucky the back window didn’t break or something.. When the accident happened, I had a clear view of the bus driver.. He looked soooooo upset.. He immediately had his hands on his face.. He must be in shock, in disbelief, in fear etc.. I can just imagine seh! For the first 2 mins, like nothing happened.. The bus driver was so pitiful! So we just sat.. We thought we’ll be late.. But suddenly another bus came 15 mins later.. It was soooo fast! I thought maybe we’ll have to wait for another bus which will be probably in 30 mins.. So we changed bus, and were only 10 mins late for class.. I thought it was really fast!
After class, we went TK again.. Because I didn’t get to settle the stuff the previous day.. So I went international market again. This time, I bought real beehoon! Im very sure.. Then I bought flowers! I walked for about an hour, trying to decide which flowers etc.. I bought violets! I think this flower last long.. So I can put in my room! :) I hope to buy more flowers.. :):)
Ok, Day 31 snowed!! hahahah! It snowed the whole morning.. Ok, it's not 100% snow.. Its snow and rain! hahahha! So it was quite wet.. Yesh, of course it was cold! It's nice, but I don't really like it.. Probably because it was cold and wet..
After class, we had lunch and went to the office to try to extend our visa.. I still don't understand why I cant travel without extending my visa! Im from Singapore!! Anyway, I had to extend it to travel in April.. Apparently I cant travel to Great Britain, Ireland, Romania and a few others.. Because my visa doesn't cover these countries.. Again, I don't understand why.. I can travel to London without a visa right?? This is confusing, and it sucks! BUT thank goodness it was fast! I got my visa on the spot.. The lady was very nice.. She could speak in English, but I tried my best to speak in German all the way.. So she replied in German too.. But when I couldn't express myself in German, I did in English.. hahah! I did try!! :)
So I went home.. Then left shortly later.. I went to Karlshof, in Darmstadt, to have dinner with Farida and Abid! Farida is an Indonesian.. She wears the tudung! hahahah! I think it's difficult to find a tudung-wearing Asian! haha! Abid is from Bangladesh.. So I had nice, delicious Asian food! Curry chicken! Fish, Indon style! Nice, white rice! It was good.... And it was nice to have a common language other than English.. But we mainly spoke in English, I have no idea why.. Lol! Abid made YUMMY, DELICIOUS pudding! Bangladeshi style! It was seriously VERY VERY good!! I loved it! I better learn how to make it! hahhaha! Then I went home alone.. It was quite late.. But thank goodness Darmstadt and Dieburg are very very safe towns.. So it's ok.. :) It was really nice.. I was really really glad they invited me for dinner.. They usually have dinner together..
Day 32 is my birthday! Yup! Herlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag!! hahah! To me, this is a special birthday, because it’s soooooo far away from home.. In a foreign land.. With only new friends.. So it was an experience.. :)
My day started like normal.. Class etc.. And some of them just had to tell others that it was my birthday.. So many people were wishing me.. It was nice though..
Then we had lunch, and met up at the Mensa entrance.. We were going on an excursion to Matildenhöhe.. Ok, I didn’t know what the excursion was about.. I just signed up..
So it was raining.. We walked there in the rain.. And it was actually an exhibition.. We had a guide.. She speaks English, and was very nice to me.. BUT she said it would be better if we had the guided tour in German.. ??!?!? The exhibition was on MASKS.. Masken, in German.. So it was about masks from then, to now.. There was Rodin’s masks and Picasso’s masks etc.. Chinese and Japanese masks etc.. It was interesting though, but I thought it was a lot on Europe masks.. I thought they could have more on Asian masks.. ANYWAY, the guided tour was terrible for me! For the ONLY reason that I didn’t understand a thing! Ok, maybe some stuff... For example, she’ll talk and talk.. And I’ll only catch words like PARIS, ##TH CENTURY, PICASSO, CHINESISCH etc.. So I only get the main point, WHICH I can read from the title etc.. So yeah…
My day started like normal.. Class etc.. And some of them just had to tell others that it was my birthday.. So many people were wishing me.. It was nice though..
Then we had lunch, and met up at the Mensa entrance.. We were going on an excursion to Matildenhöhe.. Ok, I didn’t know what the excursion was about.. I just signed up..
So it was raining.. We walked there in the rain.. And it was actually an exhibition.. We had a guide.. She speaks English, and was very nice to me.. BUT she said it would be better if we had the guided tour in German.. ??!?!? The exhibition was on MASKS.. Masken, in German.. So it was about masks from then, to now.. There was Rodin’s masks and Picasso’s masks etc.. Chinese and Japanese masks etc.. It was interesting though, but I thought it was a lot on Europe masks.. I thought they could have more on Asian masks.. ANYWAY, the guided tour was terrible for me! For the ONLY reason that I didn’t understand a thing! Ok, maybe some stuff... For example, she’ll talk and talk.. And I’ll only catch words like PARIS, ##TH CENTURY, PICASSO, CHINESISCH etc.. So I only get the main point, WHICH I can read from the title etc.. So yeah…
So we went home after that.. It was raining, so we just wanted to go home! Anyway, a few of them were sooo funny la! They found some chairs by the street, and it looked good.. So they brought back to Quartier 56! Well, we have a very very small chair, that's why they all wanted the chair.. I took one for myself too, but later la.. haha! They call this 'street shopping'! Lol!!
Due to some request, I decided to cook Beehoon goreng again.. And make benofi pie! I bought all the ingredients already.. So I cooked for some of them.. OMG!! I felt soooooooo proud of myself!! It was delicious!! hahahhaha!! And just after I cooked, suddenly they switched off all the lights.. They bought me a cake and sang me a birthday song.. Zum geburtstag viel glück... Zum geburtstag viel glück... Zum geburtstag Lieber Shaza... Zum geburtstag viel glück... It was really nice.. :):) So we all sat in the kitchen together.. Ate the cake, and some ate the beehoon goreng.. But kinda appropriate! I cooked mee birthday for myself! Lol!! I couldnt make the Benofi pie in time.. The whipping cream was a failure!! But I managed to make using the other packet.. So I didn’t make much.. And they loved it!! Pedro said I was a much better cook than he expected.. hahah! Im soooo proud of myself!! :):):) Now I feel like trying something new!! hehe!
I had a lovely birthday.. I was happy.. Thank you all for the wishes from Singapore! It made my day.. Really really.. :):) I don’t have pictures for the surprise..
Today is Saturday, Day 34.. I got no plans to travel! I should stay at home today to BLOG! And to study for my German test on Tuesday!! Yup! Im sitting for UniCert I.. Apparently it’s an internationally recognized certification.. So I hope I can map it to German 5 in NUS! I was thinking of going to the flee market today, in Dieburg and Darmstadt.. But I feel lazy!!
Anyway, there’s this poster on a circus that would be near here! It’s this weekend!! I wanna go!! I’ve never been to a circus before!! But maybe not this circus.. I would probably go to a circus after the 8th April.. There’s one in Mainz.. So maybe I’ll take a day trip there.. Anyway, I would have my semester ticket my then, so I can travel for free to Mainz.. Kein problem! hahah! It would be a Russian circus.. I hope the rest wants to go too!! 14,00 euros only.. I think it’ll be worth it because it’s a rare thing in Singapore.. A big circus with animals, clowns and motors stunts etc.. I think it’ll be super cool!
No comments:
Post a Comment