Wednesday, April 15, 2009

First Day of School!!

Guten Tag alles!

Day 50, first day of school! FINALLY!! Yesh..................... My school starts so it's the end of my 'holidays'... Boooo~!! OR maybe not!! hahahha! Lets see how it goes ya? :)

I checked my timetable.. I had a morning class, 8am.. I left at 06:30 to catch the 06:47 bus to be in school by 08:00! Arggghhhh~!! I hate morning classes!! Grrrr.... Lucky I met Li Lin at the busstop! She has classes at 08:00 every Tuesday and Friday.. Lucky me! Im not so bad.. Only one day every week.. Ok, it's bad enough.. :P

Anyway I reached school at 07:35.. Not bad! Very fast! We walked to the building to find our lecture halls.. Then we went to the Mensa to sit and have breakfast.. BUT it only opens at 08:00!! Doesnt make sense, but whatever la! So I walked into the lecture hall.. A BIG lecture hall.. EMPTY!! OMG!! I waited for 30min!! I even walked to this admin office, but noone was there.. I gave up.. I saw a group of students hanging out outside the building, but I was too shy to ask if they were in the same class as me..

Yup! The HUGE EMPTY lecture hall.. Btw, I find German things very interesting.. Like the chairs and tables.. Both foldable! My window!! I can open them two ways! Damn cool! Very jakun for me! Lol!

So I went to the Mensa, to have breakfast.. Sat there waiting for my next class.. Today I was supposed to have 4 classes back-to-back, including the 08:00 one.. :P:P

08:00-09:30 Energy-efficient Building Systems (in German)
09:50-11:20 Principles of Planning (in German)
11:40-13:20 Principles of Planning and Building in developing countries (in German)
13:30-15:00 Basics of Building Construction (Foundations of Construction of Tall Buildings) (in German)


I dont know how Im gonna have my lunch.. Probably after 15:00.. BUT I think Im taking a German class after that.. Sooooooo.... Wish me luck! I think I'll have to fast every Tuesday! Lol!

Ok, lecture 2.. BAD.. From the website, it only shows that this is the only lecture they had.. No tutorials.. BUT when I was in this lecture, the prof said that there's another lecture that I MUST attend and ANOTHER tutorial every week.. OMG!! Forget it! I dont even understand him, he spoke too fast..

Then I waited for the next lecture.. AGAIN... Empty lecture hall.. So I checked and it starts next week.. So ok, fine!

The last lecture for the day.. OMG!!! THE PROF SPOKE EVEN FASTER THAN THE PREVIOUS ONE!! I was thinking, 'Im sooooooooo gonna die!!!' BUT amazingly, I understood him better.. I dont know why, or even how!! Lol! His module is very technical.. After the class, I spoke with him.. I asked if I could speak in English.. And he was very nice.. He said it was an easy module, manageable.. So I think I might take this.. Anyway, I told him I'll try to speak more German next time, and I think it's gonna be a mistake! Lol!! But he was nice.. Lets see how my semester goes.. Bismillah! Pray for me!!

Anyway, I noticed that the professors here have assistants!! They dont work alone.. They dont do any admin work here.. Probably it's true about what they say, that professors are very highly regarded here in Germany.. Maybe more than the leaders! Lol! Let's see how easy it is for me to make appointments with them! hahaha!

Then I went to collect my certificate for my German test I did.. I got 2,7.. The best score one can get is 1,0 and the worst is 5,0.. AND Im alright with it because I scored 4,0 for listening comprehension, WHICH I missed the first part of it! IF I had reached earlier, I would have gotten better and my grades would most probably be better too.. So Im ok with it.. 2,7 is satisfactory! haha! Pass!!

So....... I passed UniCERT I.. Im gonna take more German classes.. Then I went to Dieburg city centre. I bought a set of ping pong rackets and the ball, notebooks AND ice-cream!! Yummy ice-cream!! Gut und günstig!! I think Im addicted to ice-cream!! I always crave for it!! Chocolate ice-cream everytime!! hahah! I walked back, happily. Met the rest, then played ping pong in the playground nearby. All playgrounds here have table tennis table and foosball table. Very fun.. I think Im not too bad. hehe!


The walk home now is very nice.. There are flowers everywhere.. Its BEAUTIFUL!! AND the weather is LOVELY.. It couldnt get any better! haha!

Then back home. Fried chicken!! Finally I used the rempah from Singapore, to season my chicken. it was GOOD!! Taste of home.. Ate rice with some of them.. I couldnt cook in my kitchen and they dont like me to eat alone, so they always invite me to their kitchen. It was nice.. :):)

No comments: