Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Schooooool....

Guten Tag alles!

The week has started again.. School school school.. Monday, Day 56, I had classes at 09:50.. GHOST STORIES!!! It's in English, thats why I took it.. It's under the English Language/ English Literature department, so I was kinda excited! My first Literature module!! hahah! I havent done literature for DONKEY YEARS!! BUT I was thinking, doing lit in English is still easier for me than doing a core module in German..

Anyway, the ghost stories module was FUN! Ok, not exactly fun.. But I liked it alot! The professor is from UK, and he read to us aloud a ghost story.. Then we discussed about it.. It was interesting story.. Not scary.. It's difficult to describe what kind of story it was because the disturbing part was only at the end..

So basically this module has only a lecture, so it means 3 CP.. SOOOOO... I dont know how the hell Im gonna map this module!! hahha! But there's reading.. We have to do a presentation and a term paper.. So its not all easy la.. Im still looking forward to it! Yeay!!

Then I had 4 hours break.. OMG... I can go crazy with nothing to do!!! So I went to the park nearby.. Yup! To relax...

There were firemen doing some practice.. Climbing trees! Lol! Nah... I was just kidding.. Just doing some practice with ropes etc..

We sat nearby, so it was interesting watching them... :)


Yup, I relaxed here... Very nice.. It was interesting because the air was cold, BUT the sun was scorching hot!! Lol! So I dont know if I was cold or hot! LOL! I slept here for awhile, because I was bored to death!

Then I had a management module.. Management for Civil Engineers.. OMG!! There was only 9 people in the class, and they are all MASTERS STUDENT!!! OMG!!! I was thinking, Im soooooooo gonna die!! BUT it was manageable! The thing is, I've been through alot of management-related modules, so Im kinda familiar with it.. So it's not too bad.. BUT the bad thing was the terms are very new to me.. I could only guess the words.. AND I hate it when the professors have really really bad hardwriting.. Im already having difficulties with the terms, and him writing illegibly didnt help! I had to copy from my neighbour most of the time!! Lol! Anyway I talked to the professor and asked him if I can map to an NUS module, and he said it was a perfect fit to the Quality and Productivity Management in NUS.. PERFECT!! One down!! hahahhaha!! I was sooooo happy la!

Day 57.. Tuesdays are my LONGEST days.. OMG... I had a morning class.. 8am!! So as usual I left really early.. The morning class was manageable.. Energy-efficient Building Systems.. It was from the architecture department, so there were sooo many architecture students.. Thank goodness the professor used powerpoint slides.. You know, I think the professors here are slightly more advanced.. Their powerpoint slides are very professional! And more high-tech! hahha! It's GOOD!! :):) I liked the lecture, because he mentioned Singapore! Lol!! I was wide-awake when he mentioned Singapore.. hahhaha!!

Then I had German class.. The first class was somewhere far from the city centre, the German class was in the city centre.. Basically today I have to travel to and fro the city centre.. The classes are at alternate places.. So I had to run to the busstop just now to catch the bus, in order not to be late! I was supposed to end at 09:30, but it ended at 09:20, so I ran to catch the 09:27 bus! The next bus was at 09:42 and my class was at 09:50.. haha! So it was such a rush.. Lucky for the next few classes, I got more time.. Anyway, German class: BORING.. BUT it has the potential to be interesting, because the teacher was really nice..

Then I had a Building Construction module.. I seriously felt like crying after that lecture!! OMG!! It's soooooo tough! Again, the professor used his PC to draw stuff and his hand-writing was horrible again.. So it was bad.. The notes are sooooooo plain! All drawing inside!! Hardly any words!! So this time, Im gonna die, because I had no clue about his lecture!! :(:(:(

AND last but not least, the most fun class for the day!! Writing text!! Its a German class, mainly about writing.. So I have alot of writing to do!! Writing emails, letters, articles, narrative stories etc.. I think it'll be tough, but I think it'll be very fun too! The teacher was soooo nice and bubbly, so the class was fun! AND I got to know an American guy.. When he knew I was from Singapore, he talked with me all the way la! During the break, we talked about things like races in Singapore, to HDB housings, to the government, to death penalty in Singapore etc.. OMG! Our conversation can go on and on, AND we only talked about it in 10min.. LOL!! He used to have a roommate who was Singaporean, so thats why he knew alot about Singapore.. Nice guy.. Very chatty and friendly.. AND he was saying, 'ohno! Now I know someone who speaks English! And it's bad for our German!' LOL!! True!! I already know enough people that speak English! I need more German-speakers!! hahha! Speaking of which, I dont know ANY GERMANS!! I have no German friends!! The friendly people in the class are usually the foreigners, probably they've lived here for years, thats why they can speak good German! hahah! Interesting huh?

So after the class, I went to a Bridge club with Pedro! YESH!! The card game, Bridge!! YESH!! hahhahaha!! It was sooooo interesting, because I liked to play bridge.. AND interestingly, the game that we play is WRONG!! It's not the bridge that they taught us just now.. It's sooooooo much more difficult and complicated!! ALOT of things.. BUT it was FUN!! I learnt alot and it was really really interesting! They even have cards just for bridge! And for beginners! Damn cool! Probably I might go for this every Tuesday! hahah! BUT we played from 8 plus until VERY late.. About 10plus.. I reached home really late.. :s It's HORRIBLY cold very late at night.. :s:s:s

No comments: