Friday, April 24, 2009

Switching Tables!!

Guten Morgen alles!

Today is Friday, Day 60 in Germany.. Wow!! 2 months have passed.. Really really fast.. It's great because I feel like I didnt waste all my time.. I did do things that I've never done before.. I travelled.. I feel like Im really living life! I really put myself out there, got to know sooooooo many people! It has been fun! BUT as much as I've done so many things, I still feel like I still have alot to do.. I still have alot that I wanna do.. I've always wanted to go to a German family's home.. Just experiencing a real German lifestyle!

Anyway, just now, Thursday night, was super duper fun! I went to this event organised by this student organisation for international students like myself.. It's called Switching Tables! I think its a super duper cool and interesting concept!! Basically it's like having dinner at many different places.. We'll have to prepare either appetizers, main course OR desserts, with a partner at a kitchen.. Must be one of ours, but mine is in Dieburg, so of course it wasnt possible to do at my place.. We'll meet at one group's place for appetizers, then go to another group's place for main course and my place [my partner's house, of course] for dessert.. There are many pairs, or even groups of 3s.. So every part of the dinner, we eat at different places and with two other groups.. It was LOVELY!!

So basically I met my partner at her place at 5.45pm.. I prepared the Benofi Pie and she made pudding.. I brought all my stuff to make the pie.. My partner was Christina.. OMG!! She's a lovely girl!! She's a German btw, and her home is fantastic!! I LOVE IT ALOT!! It's a very small apartment, and she lives with her bf.. She's a Master student and she did her bachelors in France.. It was really nice talking to her, because we had so much to talk about.. We talked about the German culture, who else better to talk to than a German! And she lived in France for 4 years, so she knows more or less about the French culture.. Mainly eating culture!! It was very fun! I got along really well with her..

We were late to reach Ronny's place, for appetizers.. They were waiting for us la.. Ronny is another German student.. OMG, Christina and him can speak sooooo many languages la! Spanish la, Russian la, French la etc.. OMG... I was having this impression that the Germans know more than one language! Damn cool!! Chen Xuan, who lives in Dieburg, was there too.. And 2 other Turks.. It was WONDERFUL!! They were all talking in German all the way la.. I was lost sometimes, but it was very lively.. Very nice people!

Then we went to Karlshof, for main course.. It was at this Italian guy's student apartment.. Another Italian girl was cooking too.. She's damn loud and chatty.. Nicolas, Remy, the French guy that lives in Dieburg too, and this other Brazilian.. It was fun! We spoke in German la, but this time, it was a little better for me to understand.. Lol! It was nice..

Then we went to Christina's place, because we were the host for the dessert section!! And we were late!! Lol!! Pedro's group reached earlier than us.. Me and Christina were laughing about it, because we realise the need for us to be on time, especially when we are the host! Lol!!




We had Vanilla Pudding with Strawberries and Benofi Pie.. YUMMY!!! I couldnt eat much though, because I had a headache.. So I didnt talk that much for the last house.. It was terrible, and all I wanted to do was to go home.. I left the place at 11.20pm to catch the last bus to my nearest busstop.. There were more buses at night la, but we'll have to walk far.. Some of them gathered at a pub after the whole event.. Oh well... I just hate when Im not feeling well and freezing cold very late in the night.. It's the worst thing!! I dont intend to go home late at night anymore!! It's horrible... :s

Today Im going to Frankfurt!! Yup! My third time.. I dont love to go Frankfurt, but whatever! I got nothing to do.. haha! See ya!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SHAZZY!!! i finally got your blog add right!

girl you sound like you're having an amazing time, i'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

oh that was me btw -helen

shaza said...

hahah!! Finally!! Welcome!! :):)

Danke schoen!! :):)

AND good luck for your exams!! :):)