Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Welcome Day!

Guten tag alles!!

Im back from my trip.. Safe, sound and very contented.. hahah!! The trip was wonderful.. I havent had the time yet to blog about it.. I'll blog about it soon k!

Today, Day 44 in Dieburg.. I came back on the 6th April, slightly after midnight.. Ok, means it'll be the 7th.. I rest the whole day yesterday.. Slept like a bum, which is not common for me, right Walid? ;) But I had a very good reason to sleep til soooo late.. I woke up about 1pm, did some updating to worried people in Singapore.. Then cooked and ate.. Then spent the rest of the afternoon on my computer, to choose my modules for this semester.. Then dinner.. Then went to the other kitchen to calculate the amount we spend together and divide the cost.. I havent yet counted the exact amount I spent.. But roughly about 350 euros for the entire trip.. I think the accommodation was expensive! More than the transport!! Lol!

So, today, I had the Welcome Day.. I thought it was a waste of time.. They just welcome us.. Then give us salty bread! Lol!! Germans in the south, apparently, like this type of salty bread.. It was weird.. Lol! Then I talked to a guy from the Department of Civil Engineering.. Yup! Im in this department.. He wasnt too helpful with the modules that I intend to take.. So I just asked general questions.. So basically, in Germany, you can go to any class you want.. Just go, then decide later which exams you want to sit for.. Quite cool! Very flexible.. But after being in Singapore for my whole life, I somehow don't feel so secure.. Like 'are you sure I don't need to register, and I can just take the exams' etc.. Lol! A little kiasuism.. But it's cool.. Very relaxed.. I don't need to stress myself over bidding!! Over tutorial balloting!! LOL! Chill! My classes start next week, and I haven't even decided on my modules.. hahhah! BUT with this system, it means that most of the modules are 100% on final exams.. Which is BAD!! They do have assignments etc, but it isn't counted in the final grade.. AND exams can be in july, August or September.. Up to the professor.. So if I MUST go back to Singapore before the exams, I can take an oral exam maybe.. Maybe it'll be good... Better than written! In German somemore!! So... We'll see how it goes.. But right now, chiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllllllllllllll... Lol!

Anyway, I might be taking another German module in this semester.. BUT it has to nicely fit into my timetable!! hahah! And I might take another 2 core modules.. AND probably an English module.. English literature.. There's one.. Ghost Stories!! I think it'll be interesting!! I wanted to do a history module, or maybe some module on European history etc.. But all in German.. I think it'll be too heavy for me.. See how la.. If got someone to do with, I might take it.. hehe! Taking the plunge!

Speaking of taking the plunge, Im glad I did so, when I decide to go to Germany.. It has been great.. Everything has been going sooooo smoothly for me.. I couldn't ask for more! haha!

So after the Welcome Day, we accompanied some of them who are eating in the Mensa.. I wanted to go to the supermarket, buy some food and eat at home! After spending sooooo much on the trip, I better cut down on my expenses.. Unnecessary expenses, like eating outside.. I better ta-pao food now, or just eat at home! Lol! So we went to Real Supermarket.. It was at the opposite end of Darmstadt! I never knew Darmstadt to be that big! Lol!!

I think the people in Germany are VERY nice.. They are very helpful! Like when I was in the bus, I asked the bus driver where to stop.. Then I told the rest.. Then an old lady near us just said that she's going there, and she can tell us when to stop.. So nice! We also asked a Muslim lady in the bus.. She was super nice.. I talked to her in German.. She was with her child.. So I just asked her if there was any Muslim supermarket near the Real Supermarket.. Then she started telling me about this Iman Frauen Zentrum.. Actually it's Iman – Bildungs- und Freizeitzentrum muslimischer Frauen.. It's like a centre for education and free-time/hobby for Muslim women.. [Ok, I tried my best to translate.. Lol!] They meet every Thurday, for something.. I didn't really get what she meant.. She told me I can go there tmr! hahha! So nice.. I'll see how tmr.. Probably I'd go.. :) Btw I like Germans! They are nice.. Ok, so far the people I met are really nice.. I haven't met anyone that looked down at me, cursed me or something.. Like for being a Muslim or being an Asian.. Everything has been very pleasant for me, Alhamdulillah.. Really glad.. So dear Ibu, dear Mak, dear Walid Jumblatt, don't worry about me! So many nice people around! I'm really lucky.. :):)

I got nothing much to update now.. Just have to work on the updates for the previous days! Lol! Bye for now.. :):) *muuuaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!* from Germany!! :):)

No comments: