Sunday, April 26, 2009

Frankfurt + Speyer

Guten Tag alles!

Today is lovely day! Day 62, relaxing day! hahah! My Sundays here are wonderful! So stressfree!! I wanted to go to the Castle of Frankenstein just now, but I had no idea how to get that.. I didnt want to do free style, til I get lost.. :P:P Or maybe take 4 hours to get there.. Probably another day, with more people, so when we get lost, it'll be fun! Lol!

So I went to the playground as usual, to play table tennis! It's my only exercise now.. No more jogging for me right now.. It's too tough! hahahha!! Then we went to the city centre to buy ice-cream.. And did some street shopping.. Street shopping is free, dont worry! Basically, you go walk along some streets.. There might be places where people throw old things.. So just pick them up!! Like some karang guni lor! Lol!

So Im back home.. Updating my blog.. Did some laundry.. Very relaxed.. I think Im too relaxed now, such that I cant even start on my studying!! It's like holiday for me!! hahahhah!! No mood to study.. The rest also agreed with me.. Lol!! It's sooooo different from Singapore.. So it's really a change.. :):)

Anyway, Day 60, Friday, I went to Frankfurt! We went there freestyle.. Didnt know what we're gonna do.. When we went there, it was so funny! They seriously wanted to do freestyle travelling, like just taking any underground train and stop anywhere.. So we ended up at some place.. The funny thing was, when we went out of the train station, it was an old church! Nico was saying, he was expecting like New York, people rushing.. Very busy streets etc.. But no... Everything very chill.. Relax.. People drinking coffee etc.. Lol!! Sooooooo different from Singapore!!

While walking around, we met this guy selling sausages and bread.. Interesting because his whole 'shop' is on him!! It must be heavy!! But it was very cheap!

We went near the stock exchange building.. When we were there, I couldnt tell if the building was important or not.. It looked like any other..

Here, the bear and the bull in front of the Exchange.. I didnt know what it symbolises before this.. But now, I know!! hahahha! We wanted to go into the building, BUT we had to book one day in advance.. So..... We couldnt go in then.. Schade!

In front of the Exchange, people we eating by the pathway.. Eating HUGE fillets with bread [like sandwiches].. It was funny, because the fillets were too big for the bread.. And people were sitting/ standing around and drinking wine in glasses.. Some were dressed in suits, but some looked sooooooo casual! You wouldnt know who is important, and who just act important! Lol!

We walked around.. Pedro wanted to buy a netbook, a smaller version of a notebook, mainly to use the internet etc.. We bumped into this damn interesting building!! Like something happened to the building facade! Damn cool!! I like... The contractors of this building must have cursed the architects, while they were building this.. Looks damn complicated and difficult to build.. Or maybe not? I dont know! hahah!


Ok, we left Frankfurt very early.. I had to meet Ernawati!! YESH!! I finally got to meet her after being in contact with her for 2 months!! hahah!! Yeah, I got her number through a nice guy, who showed me where the halal suprmarket was.. [ok, not halal suprmarket, but supermarket selling halal meat..:P:P] AND I happened to bump into him on my way to Frankfurt.. Coincidence, coincidence.. But I was soooooo happy to meet her!! You have no idea!! I finally got to speak to a Muslim!! A true Muslim.. It was very nice... Really.. AND I spoke in malay!! Lol!! After ages!! It was nice.. :) We just walked around, and had ice-cream! :):)

Day 61, SPEYER!!! Ok, about Speyer.. I bet you haven't heard of it before this right? Actually me too! Lol!! I just went there without knowing where or what it was.. Lol!
Speyer is a nice small town in southern part of Germany (Baden Wurttemberg state). It was an early Roman settlement in Germany during the middle age.






This pole thing, I dont know what it was.. But there was a man climbing that thing.. I have no idea what for.. Lol!! Ok, Im terrible at this.. So just enjoy the pics la! :p:p



Ok, this is the museum we went.. It's all about The Vikings! Damn cool!! I liked it ALOT!! It was in German, of course.. But we had 'interpretors' among us.. Lol!!

This is the back view of this HUGE dom cathedral.. It is very famous actually.. Now you know right? Me too.. This Speyer Cathedral is one of the UNESCO World cultural heritage.See the people there on the grass.. That's us, having a picnic!!

Look at the LOVELY spread we had.. OMG!! It was fantastic!! Did I tell you, that I love having picnics?? hahah!! THIS is a REAL picnic!! There were fruits, cookies, cakes, chips, sandwiches, chocolates, all kinds of juices etc.. I brought my own sandwich! :):)

Yup! People relaxing and chatting..

While people were all having a nice time, I was having a WONDERFUL time too.. I was sleeping!! It was a LOVELY day!! The weather was PERFECT!! I slept in the sun.. Ok, to tell you the truth, Im not getting any fairer here!! The sun is really strong.. Lol!!

I think this is a beautiful picture!! This girl is my friend, Farida, from Indonesia.. :):)

After the picnic, I actually when home.. I was too tired, and my tummy was hurting alittle.. Yeah, I've been telling you that I eat alot now right? Yup! I think I've been eating TOO much.. hahhaha!! So I went back with 4 others.. Two of them were German old ladies.. They are VERY nice.. They said I can call them and go to their house, and just talk to them.. Practice my German.. I'll probably do that!! I havent been to a German house anyway.. :):) The other two was a couple from Pakistan.. They brought their daughter.. Very cute!! Reminds me of Furqan, because she was sooo chatty! hahah! They left early because they want to go to Frankfurt!

Yup! It was a LOVELY trip.. I liked it alot.. I got to practice my German!! Which is VERY important!! hahah! AND of course, the picnic!! haha! :):):)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speyer bunyi macam kampung kat skudai je..

shaza said...

HAHAHHAHA!! U pronounced correctly not?? It's 'Sh-pay-ear'!! :P:P High-class wat!! :P:P:P